We support and encourage sustainable transport where possible.
There are many resources and schemes available across the city and County to help you travel in a more active and sustainable way. We have included information and useful links here; by doing so we hope to save you money travelling to the event, perhaps even help you burn some calories and, most importantly, improve the city’s environment and support ease of access by reducing congestion associated with our event.
For further information about travelling to and within the City: Travel and Transport
To plan your journey, see BHCC journey planning website: Journey On
Park & Ride
We are investigating the posibility of providing a Park and Ride scheme for those who drive to the event. This will be more cost effective than using city centre parking and will also provide faster transfer times directly to the venue that the bus service which currently serves the city scheme.
There are cycle lanes across the city, including along the seafront, Grand Avenue and The Drive, Hove to Hangleton, with improvements currently being made along Lewes Road and Old Shoreham Road . The green lines on this map outline current routes.
There are also regional (and National links) via the Sustrans National Cycle Network (NCN) route 2. Regionally, this route runs along the coast between Hastings to Brighton, and then from Brighton out towards Worthing via Shoreham.
Cycle parking at the venue
- Brighton Cycle Map to plan your local route
- Local cycle facility map for an interactive cycle map outlining formal routes, quiet roads, cycle parking, cycle-friendly junctions and crossings.
- NCN route 2 for more information about the National and Regional links.
Bus travel in Brighton & Hove is easy and convenient - buses run every few minutes on main routes and there are plenty of city centre bus stops.
The nearest stops to the Venue are on Kings Road: buses that serve this stop include services linking the site with Brighton train station and Churchill Square shopping Centre.
The nearby Old Stein bus stops (2 minute walk from the venue, see map below) and A259 bus stops also link the city with Brighton and Hove train stations, Hove, Eastbourne, Seaford, Newhaven, Peacehaven, East Brighton, Ringmer, Lewes, Tunbridge Wells, Hangleton and Preston Park.
Fares: Please check before travelling as we are anticipating an increase in June.
- Flat Single Rate Fare £2.30 (£2.00 within the city centre)
- One day's unlimited travel from £3.50 with an m-ticket on your mobile from the B+H Buses App or £4.60 from the bus driver
- Short hop fares £1.60 (Popular journeys include Hove Station to Hove Town Hall, Downs Park to Portslade and Fiveways to London Road)
Go to Real-time-bus-information for up to date information on the day.
Brighton & Hove has excellent rail connections from all over the country.
- First Capital Connect provide frequent direct services from Brighton to Bedford via Gatwick, London Bridge, Blackfriars, City Thameslink, Farringdon, St Pancras International and Luton Airport Parkway.
- Southern provide direct links from Brighton to Victoria in the south, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Three Bridges (for Crawley) to the north; Shoreham, Worthing, Littlehampton, Chichester, Portsmouth and Southampton in the west; and Lewes, Eastbourne, Hastings and Ashford in the east.
- First Great Western provide direct services from Brighton to Southampton, Salisbury, Bath, Bristol, Newport, Cardiff, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester and Great Malvern.
- National Rail Enquiries for interactive timetables, fares and journey planning.
- Live Departure Boards for up to date train arrivals and departures
Travelling between the station and venue
Getting from the train station to the venue: The station is a 15 minute walk or 5 minute cycle from the station. See Cycling By Train for information on taking bicycles by train. This map outlines the route to take if walking or cycling from the station.
Several bus services link the station and the venue: 6, 7, 12, 12A, 14, 14C, 27, 27C, 37, 37B, 47, 48, 81A. The bus journey takes around 10 minutes.
DOWNLOAD TRAVEL PDF